Today we are going to show you a tutorial on how to download and play PSP games on your Windows PC. PSP is short for Playstation Portable which was developed and released by Sony in 2004. It has been discontinued since 2014 and are outdated but it’s games are still relics and timeless, fun pieces of history. Many people even today would want to play some of PlayStation Portable’s best games but that does not justify using such a dated device such as the Playstation. To avoid this, psp roms and psp isos come to play.
PSP roms and psp isos are images of the entire game stored as a file which can be accessed and run on an emulator dedicated to running the PSP on modern devices. Currently there are emulators for the PSP on the Windows and Android platform. Psp roms and isos are available for almost every single game on the internet for anyone to download for free.
Also Read: Blackweb Update Universal Remote Codes List
How to download Playstation Portable (PSP) ISOs ROMs
Step 1 : Open your browser and enter the URL link www.google.com to begin searching for psp iso and psp rom to download.
Step 2 : Search on the text box using the google search engine by typing Emuparadise or Coolroms.
Step 3 : The first link url will provide the link to the psp roms and psp isos download website Emuparadise or Coolroms respective of what you had searched. Emuparadise and Coolroms are known to be the largest rom storage websites on the internet with downloads not only for PSP roms and PSP isos but also other gaming console devices like Nintendo DS, Nintendo Game boy Advance, Sony Playstation to mention a few.
Step 4 : After you enter the PSP rom and psp download site that you had picked from your google search. You can either go to the PSP section on the website under roms and isos and look for a game that interests you and you want to play.
Step 5 : You can also search for a specific game title on the search bar provided which will search for the game through their entire database and give you the download page of your desired game.
Step 6 : After you find the game you want to play, click on it.
Step 7 : You will be sent to the download page of the PSP game that you wanted and it will allow you to download and save the entire game on your system for free.
Step 8 : There will be many download options in the download page available, some will be fake in the form of a virus or an advertisement so be wary of such possibilities and make sure you select the real download link from the duplicates.
Check Out: Best VPN For PC
How to use a PSP rom and a PSP iso on a Windows PC device
- Go to http://ppsspp.org/downloads.html and you will find a section called PPSSPP for Windows.
- Click on Download Installer button with the Windows logo on it to download the latest version of PPSSPP as an installer on your Windows device.
- You can alternatively also download the zip file of PPSSPP PSP emulator for Windows.
- Run the installer and agree to terms and conditions, select installation path and click Install and wait for it to install on your Windows device.
- If you downloaded the zip, right click on the zip file and click on extract to and then select the location path where you want PPSSPP to be extracted to.
- If you followed the steps to download a PSP rom or PSP isos then you will have a zip file with the name of the game you wanted downloaded as a zip file. We will extract that to get the PSP iso file.
- After extracting the zip file, you will end up with a folder which will have a lot of files inside. Locate the .rar file inside the folder and extract it again.
- You will end up with an ISO file of your downloaded game which can now be run on the PPSSPP Windows emulator.
- Run the PPSSPP emulator by going to its folder and right clicking it and then selecting Run as administrator.
- Click on the Load option, and navigate to the game’s ISO path then select it and click open.
- Your game will open in the emulator, have fun playing it.
This served the purpose of educating you how to download Playstation Portable roms and run it on the PPSSPP Windows emulator. If you face any problems in the process of doing this, leave a comment down below and we will try to resolve it.